Analytics and Data Science Organization (ADSO)
This is a student-run organization established for the benefit of all under-graduate,
graduate, doctoral and professional students at Kennesaw State University who are
enrolled full or parttime. We have staff and faculty community members affiliated
with the graduate programs who are a part of ADSO.
Purpose of ADSO
- Travel funding to scholarly and professional conferences.
- Scholarship and professional activities.
- Information about vital skills and resources necessary in the data science field.
- Social and networking opportunities for students and faculty respectively and mutually to the industry partners.
- An integrated support system for students to aid them in their academic pursuits.
Events We Conduct
We conduct and organize a variety of activities (including but not limited to):
- Support the ADSO members for filing the SABAC travel funding for scholarly and professional events
- Student hackathons, conferences, workshops, informational sessions, and networking events.
- Guest lectures devoted to topics of interest to "Data Science”
- Serve as a network of information between graduate students and all other available on campus resources to enrolled students.
How to Join ADSO?
All KSU undergraduate students, graduate, doctoral and professional students are eligible become members of the ADSO by registering at OwlLife-ADSO.
Whom do we fund?
We support students who are ADSO members traveling to conferences with an accepted research project or research poster and/or students who are interested in attending conferences to represent KSU in the realm of data science and analytics.
Students must be enrolled in the semester they plan to attend the conference.
How can it be done?
As part of the process, students are required to submit a travel request form to ADSO for approval prior to their travel plan. Fill in the pre travel form in owl life, and wait for approval from the ADSO team before traveling. After coming back from event, submit the post travel form in owl life. Once the team has approved, these details will be submitted to SABAC to claim for refund. The ADSO team will keep students informed about the status. For a more detaile, explanation, please review our ADSO travel procedure slides below.
Where to start?
Please download the slides to understand the procedure clearly. For any questions, please contact us through the given email below.
Total Travel Allowance per person per year:
- Domestic Travel - $500 per person
- International Travel - $750 per person
YouTube: KSU ADSO
Mailing AddressAnalytics and Data Science Organization Carmichael Student Center Room 338 MD 0507 395 Cobb Avenue NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
President: Jitendra Sai Kota
VP of Finance/Treasurer: Dinesh Attota
Secretary: Astrid Cuellar Benitez
Director of Technology: InChan Hwang
Technical Assistant: Elaine Pollard
Graduate Student Assistant: Livingstone Gadzanku
Undergraduate Student Assistant: Salini Ambadapudi
Faculty Advisors: Sherrill Hayes and Susan Hardy