Analytics and Data Science Organization (ADSO)
This is a student-run organization established for the benefit of all under-graduate,
graduate, doctoral and professional students at Kennesaw State University who are
enrolled full or parttime. We have staff and faculty community members affiliated
with the graduate programs who are a part of ADSO.
Purpose of ADSO
- Travel funding to scholarly and professional conferences.
- Scholarship and professional activities.
- Information about vital skills and resources necessary in the data science field.
- Social and networking opportunities for students and faculty respectively and mutually to the industry partners.
- An integrated support system for students to aid them in their academic pursuits.
Events We Conduct
We conduct and organize a variety of activities (including but not limited to):
- Support the ADSO members for filing the SABAC travel funding for scholarly and professional events
- Student hackathons, conferences, workshops, informational sessions, and networking events.
- Guest lectures devoted to topics of interest to "Data Science”
- Serve as a network of information between graduate students and all other available
on campus resources to enrolled students.
How to Join ADSO?
All KSU undergraduate students, graduate, doctoral and professional students are eligible become members of the ADSO by registering at OwlLife-ADSO.
Whom do we fund?
We support students who are ADSO members traveling to conferences with an accepted research project or research poster and/or students who are interested in attending conferences to represent KSU in the realm of data science and analytics.
How can it be done?
As part of the process, students are required to submit a travel request form to ADSO for approval prior to their travel plan. Fill in the pre travel form in owl life, and wait for approval from the ADSO team before traveling. After coming back from event, submit the post travel form in owl life. Once the team has approved, these details will be submitted to SABAC to claim for refund. The ADSO team will keep students informed about the status. For a more detaile, explanation, please review our ADSO travel procedure slides below.
Where to start?
Please download the slides to understand the procedure clearly. For any questions, please contact us through the given email below.
Total Travel Allowance per person per year:
- Domestic Travel - $500 per person
- International Travel - $750 per person
YouTube: KSU ADSO
Mailing AddressAnalytics and Data Science Organization Carmichael Student Center Room 338 MD 0507 395 Cobb Avenue NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
President: Jitendra Sai Kota
Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science & Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India
Master's Degree: Computer Science, Florida State University
Work History: Teaching Assistant Professor in Computer Science at an Engineering College in India
Professional Objective: to work in Data Science in a Corporate Environment
Secretary: Ayomide Afolabi
Director of Technology: InChan Hwang
Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Georgia Southwestern State University
Master’s Degree: Software Engineering, Ajou University, South Korea
- Tutoring College Algebra, Calculus I and II at Academic Skills Center, Georgia Southwestern State University
- Research Assistant at Intelligence of HyperConnected Systems Lab of Ajou University
- Fullstack web developer, windows system programmer in the cybersecurity industry
Professional Objective: To work in big data analytics, and research and development of machine learning in engineering, and security
Student Representative (Graduate): Linglin Zhang
Bachelor’s Degree: Biological Sciences, Hubei University, China
Master’s Degree: Chemical Biology, University of Michigan and Bioinformatics, Georgia Institute of Technology
Professional Objective: To become a researcher in industry or academia. My background in Biology and Bioinformatics could provide me strong theoretical support on a research role in the health industry. The experience of doing an internship at Equifax equipped me of certain knowledge on business cases.
Student Representative (Undergraduate): Salini Ambadapudi
About Me: My name is Salini Ambadapudi. I am a freshman and the Undergraduate Student Representative for ADSO. On campus, I am a member of and a leader in the Analytics and Data Science Organization (ADSO) and the Undergraduate Research Club (URC). Outside of school, I enjoy singing and hanging out with friends.
Major: Computer engineering, Kennesaw State University, GA.
Professional Objective: After my undergraduate studies, I hope to pursue a master’s degree at Georgia Institute of Technology. I hope that the knowledge and lessons I gain from my education, combined with my experiences, will lead me to a position at a top technology firm.
Faculty Advisors: Dr. Sherrill Hayes and Professor Susan Hardy